Teratornis are scavengers of North and South America.
- Some were seen in the 1933 King Kong as they are eating the dead Tyrannosaurus, but are frighten off by the approaching Jack Driscoll.
- Teratornis means Monster Bird.
- Teratornis lived during the Pliocene, but it became extinct in the Pleistocene.
- These birds were scavengers like other vultures.
- The Teratornis in the 1933 King Kong made squaking sounds like the Pteranodon.
- The Teratornis were replaced by a pack of Venatosaurus and 2 Foetodon (both are scavengers).